If you play with fire.......

If you play with fire.......

Tuesday 30 November 2010

Who? Me?

I think before I begin blogging in earnest as we approach Cataclysm, I should provide an update on who I am and what I’ve been achieving in game over the last 6 months or so. There have been a catalogue of real-life issues which have dominated proceedings, and although I will explain these in greater detail in the future, now is not the time. Suffice to say, the title of this blog is fairly applicable to my situation.

As of today, 30th November 2010, I have about 680,000 gold to my name, give or take a few silver. I know in my heart of hearts that this figure should be considerably greater but I’ve dillied and dallied a lot in the few months prior to patch 4.0.1 and basically took my foot off the pedal. Just before that patch I had accumulated about 500k but unwisely spent 50k on mats, in the vain hope of the epic gem transmute cooldown being rescinded. It wasn’t and my fingers were burned. Badly. C’est La Vie. These things happen and we live and learn from our mistakes.

Luckily Glyphs are my friend. Since patch day sales have rocketed in this market and this despite intense competition on a low pop server, horde-wise. Again it should be more, but I have spent a lot also buying out my competitors glyphs below varying prices depending on the marketplace on any given day. I like to be flexible in my approach, preferring to adapt at a moment’s notice, even if it means re-arranging the items in my Zero Auctions group lists. This is all for another post though, as how I work my glyph empire is fairly time consuming as it is profitable, and doesn’t justify a few lines here.

I play with two accounts, with 6 level 80’s now and numerous banking alts. I have 4 alone for glyphs. A lot of time recently has been spent levelling new chars to 80 in the mad dash to have more transmutation specced alchemists. Hurrah for Blizzard and their change to the experience required to level in Northrend. I wouldn't say it’s be a totally pleasurable experience but on the whole I've enjoyed the challenge of preparing for Cataclysm. I only got into gold making just over a year ago so this time I’m not going to be left standing at the dawning of a new expansion. My fingers are in many pies and I can foresee a very hectic few weeks coming up, mainly in order to gain any slight advantage I can over my competition. It promises to be a right battle royale but if it were too easy then half the fun would leave straight away.

So that’s about it for now. There’s no point in giving the whole game away here in this post. There’s so much to tell you all about and we have all the time in the world. Unless the North Koreans get trigger happy that is. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Very excited to see your blog flourish. Good luck in cataclysm!

    ReplyDelete