If you play with fire.......

If you play with fire.......

Friday 3 December 2010

Wha?

For the hard of hearing out there, I’ll say that again.
WHA?
Everyone in the back get that okay?

I thought I had heard it all but apparently not. A blue-post, discovered via MMO-Champion commends some ordinary Joe Bloggs for having a “fundamentally good” idea. This  “idea”, with a big double digit on either hand waving in the air, is that at level 25, new players should be able to get their first 3 glyphs from their class trainer.

“Medic! ..Medic! a goblin’s just fainted there in row 3. I think he;s having breathing difficulties”.

It seems this ordinary dude or dudette disliked that fact that when glyphs first become available to them they have to pay for them. OK OK I know they;re complaining about the “cost” of these glyphs more than anything, but it is indicative of the culture of having everything handed to them. For what it’s what, I’m not a fan of the Elitist/Casual arguments that appear regularly on forums and in any case, I think the acquiring of glyphs, especially at lower levels, is entirely different from Epics.

At lower levels, glyphs are not essential to your levelling experience. So, if you cannot afford these, it should not affect your experience of progressing onwards towards 70 and above. And which by that stage, if you are unable to afford these, you’re doing something wrong. Where raiding is concerned then, glyphs are nigh on essential, a must have addition to your arsenal, therefore you pay for what enhances your character. However, to suggest that at level 25!!!, you be given glyphs for free, just because you can use them but cannot afford them, well that just beggars belief.

At any rate, the term used by the suggestion maker of “new player” is a touch anomalous. There are very few “new players” signing up to WoW, particular;y in the western world, so I’ll be damned if I would advocate handing out free glyphs to re-rolled alts. I make no apologies for hoisting myself up on my high horse here. To me this request from Joe Bloggs, just reeks of either laziness, tight-fistedness or, let’s not beat around the bush here, bloody dimness. If indeed, and I really suspect not. this is a “new player” making the suggestion, I would heartily recommend to him that he buggers off back to Hillsbrad or Ashenvale and keep on questing. Learn your character before you start looking for things which really are not relevant to your gameplay at this stage.

Aaaaaaaand.....relax.

/Pours a calming glass of Montepulciano.

No comments:

Post a Comment